Why Blog a Documentary?

As much as it's about my documentary, this blog is about working independently on a long-term project. Motivation, productivity, learning-as-you-go, and fighting technology are challenges many people face today on projects like my documentary.

I cover some questions in a post here.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Frustrated

Animating the engineer's explanation is taking forever, and it's not really looking as good as I'd hoped. I can jazz it up, but again that's more time. Maybe future progress will be quicker, because now I am a lot better at recording audio and programming expressions. I hope so. I will have the second draft of the engineer's explanation up by tomorrow night, so help me DOT (department of transportation).

In other news, I'm not having any success getting interviews in Washington, DC. with economists or anyone. I am going to try the people at the new HOT lanes project. Maybe they will be more helpful. The trouble is that everyone in DC, vs. Los Angeles, seems to really require that the project is "official" somehow. I don't know how to get a stamp of authenticity, because I'm not associated with anything big. Oh well. If I just keep making cool animations to show people, and keep emailing, then it will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment