Why Blog a Documentary?

As much as it's about my documentary, this blog is about working independently on a long-term project. Motivation, productivity, learning-as-you-go, and fighting technology are challenges many people face today on projects like my documentary.

I cover some questions in a post here.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday

I bought a bunch of after effects scripts yesterday. They are awesome. I paid $70, but that's not that bad considering how much I get out of them. I bought them at aescripts.com.

The most recent sequence is coming along well. I'm trying to incorporate more 3d elements, since everyone seems to like it a lot when the camera moves around. I'll have it posted on Monday.

My computer programmer roommate Victor was like, "Why didn't you just ask me to script these things for you?" But certainty and time are important. If I'd used him, I would have had to describe in detail what I wanted, and maybe I don't really know what I want in advance. I would have had to wait until his schedule permitted. And then there would be uncertainty about whether they worked and how well. Inevitably something goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment